FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Inspiration

What inspires you?

As a photographer and artists (though I hate using that word) I often think about inspiration. In the YA community, conversing with authors, published or not, it is usually a topic we all can engage in. In a recent interview with an author, when asked what inspires her, she said everything and anything. Well, while that may be true I'd love to hear how you get inspired, who and what makes the gears start ticking and the flow of inspiration and idea ooze out like a rush of water on a hot day.

I'll give you an exapmple:


Last year I had started a portfolio for one of my BFA classes. In this portfolio I used inspiration from a talented young photographer Holly Andres. Her use of color, and styling are key to her work. While I myself have not gone to such extremes to control so much as the wallpaper, I did think about control smaller aspects of a photograph like the photo below.

Lonesome Fit


Now here's a little something: The whole mini series was inspired by some the book I've been reading. In fact, the series was an extension of some of the trailers I was doing as well.

But one thing that has been a major part of the work I do is that when taking a written scene and translating it, details matter. And those details might not always be mentioned in the book. So it's a blast for me to expand and imagine the scenes further!


So what's your inspiration? Where do you gain further insight from?

No comments:

Post a Comment