FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Best 2010 YA Books

Since I don't review anymore and barely get to read as it is, I'd thought at least highlight some great reads of 2010.

2010 has been a crazy and wonderful year and the books have just been getting better and better. Here's a few of my favorite books of 2010.



This book blew me away. Don't let the fact that I got to touch this and read way early and even do do the trailer deter you. Holly has a way of weaving secrets and clues within her books that leave you very surprised at the end. Not to mention great pacing, enticing plot and oh so dark cast of characters. OH, and a swoony bad boy, Cassel, is so worth the read. So glad the paperback shows him off in all his glory!



I can't say enough about this book. Absolutely captivating with a twist of sinister. When reading it reminded me greatly of THE GIVER by my all time favorite authors, Lois Lowry. Which says a lot. Mark my words: Classic in the making.


PLAIN KATE is a rare gem everyone should read. It's such a heartfelt story full of old world magic reminiscent of gypsies and folklore. It's got a magical talking cat and what's not to love about that? Oh wait, a strong and powerful main character who overcomes the impossible. Seriously.


I rarely read contemporary realistic fiction. Even YA. But the allure of this book was felt all over the blogosphere and I couldn't resist its siren call. I couldn't help picking it up especially after Maureen Johnson, Cassandra Clare and John Green raved about it. And I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED. This books was swoony, full of some teen angst, European allure and once again totally dreamy lead guy. World, meet Etienne St.Clair. With a name like that how can you NOT be totally gorgeous and sweet and caring and considerate and... *cough*
Go read it.


I remember reading this early and having to message K&M almsot at the end of every chapter with what I call "s*** bombs." What are those? Well when you read something and your only reaction is "Oh, S***!" I was shocked and surprised at every turn.

A few of my other favorites are as follows:







2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading Matched. It doesn't sound like my type of book, but I have been drawn to it since I first heard about it-- generally that's a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a few good choices, I have been looking for a few good books.

    ReplyDelete