FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, February 12, 2010

This is what SNOW is?

I am not a cold person. At all. And I value that I live in Georgia where it rarely gets below 30 at its coldest and rarely do we see snow. But this year has been a freezing cold winter. In fact, it's been a really strange year with the first flooding in ages and way too much water for Georgia to hold. So I shouldn't be surprised that today classes got canceled, schools closed, stores closed all way too early. Before we even see the first flakes drop from the sky.

I shouldn't be surprised that people are panicking hitting the stores as if we'll be snowed in for a month. Shouldn't be surprised that when the snow starts hitting it also starts sticking. And for the first time in some odd years we actually get to have a snowy, white, fluffy winter. The best we get is a slushy mere centimeters of flakes that melt away as the noon heats up the ground. But luckily today, we get FOUR inches of fluffy goodness and hence four inches of a white blanket that just beckons me like a siren to photograph it.

So I did. And because I hate the cold I venture out around my yard for all of 10 minutes. But it was so gorgeous! Maybe more tomorrow if the roads don't ice.

Icy BerriesRed on White

Fluffed Brnaches

Let the Snow Take OverWinter Tree

Iced Branches

Winter Tree




No comments:

Post a Comment