FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Authors, Want a book shoot? (Photo Contest)

So, many of you know me by my book trailers, but back in the day I was solely a photographer and I wanted to have fun with that again and do some fun creative photography!

I am opening up this post for authors who want to win a book shoot.
Like this:

IMG_2256

or this
IMG_5886

IMG_2264 copy

IMG_2182


Rules are you have to send a teaser in comments (or privately via email: vandsmedia[at]gmail.com). Must be at least agented.

Teasers must be descriptive, teasing, and visual or pertinent to the book. Nothing too abstract. I should be able to read and visualize a scene or character.

+ 1 ENTRY if you get a friend to follow my blog.
+1 ENTRY if you tweet/blog/shout it out somewhere.

The way I pick:
I'll read through all the submissions, then pick my top 3-5 choices I feel I can photograph. Then those extra points play a part in who wins since I'll randomly pick the winner. So the more people you bring in or the more you tweet/blog it, the more chances you have of winning.


Can't wait to read all your teasers!

17 comments:

  1. I love your photos. They are ace! I was wondering if you were up for an interview?
    www.paulashx-bookreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photographs are so very lovely! The dresses, the lighting, everything. I could totally see some of these as a cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures love them. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  4. That second photo makes me swoon. I love it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SQUEE!! I love it when you do these contests! :D Teaser/blurb to come...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just sent you a teaser via email, and tweeted the link. Blog entry to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pix! Love the implied movement in 3 and 4.

    I'll post my teaser here for amusement value. This is the image I held in my head for Vowed In Shadows, Book 3 of the Marked Souls:

    Two lost souls, neither one left untouched by the shadows that will bind them into one heart.

    (You can just imagine the Dum-da-DUUUUMMMM! part yourself.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caitlin Kittredge told me I would probably like your photos -- and she was right. New GFC follower

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower here also sent by Caitlin Kittredge. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been following you on twitter for a few weeks now and I love your work! You are an amazing artist and I just wish I was published/agented already. When does the contest end?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, yes please! Agented author right here!
    My novel is called The Kiss Off:

    Poppy writes a scathing song, ‘The Kiss Off’ about her ex-boyfriend Cam and ex-good friend Nikki, the boyfriend stealer. She uploads it to YouTube, where it catches the attention of Ty, the lead singer of a local band. With this song, his band skyrockets to the top of the charts and into the public eye, bringing Poppy's emotional dirty laundry with it.

    A bit more modern than the photos you have here, but I figured you might be up for the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures! If, someday, I get an agent your pictures would fit the feel of my book perfectly. Again, great photos, and a great contest :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shame your contest requires authors to have an agent, I would have loved to have entered my book for this. But good luck to all who enter, what an awesome prize :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to play! I just have to think of a teaser. THAT PART IS HARD.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tweeted about it :) Gonna email the teaser now..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh fun. Upcoming book teaser: A gothic tale of an old home, family secrets that have been buried, a forbidden love and a ghost!

    Now to tweet

    ReplyDelete
  17. new follower sent here by Shelley Watters! LOVE your work!

    ReplyDelete